We believe in removing mysteries & finding the right choices.
Boreal Properties Investment Strategy
Our overall investment strategy and specialty focuses on two types of real estate:
- Distressed properties at a deep discount – usually 30% to 50% below market value.
- Properties which offer extraordinary financing opportunities, generally with some form of seller financing.
We seek to own real estate ranging from single family rentals to mid-size multifamily properties.
At Boreal Properties LLC, we pride ourselves on having a strong foundation of real estate knowledge and training. Our focus is on providing SOLUTIONS for landlords and property owners, including institutions, and finding VALUE for our buyers, tenants and investors by locating buildings that are eyesores and putting them back into use after renovation.
We purchase distressed residential properties and renovate them. Once they are nicely restored, we add the properties to our rental portfolio or may sell to landlords.
What Constitutes A Distressed Property?
Not all properties are good investments. We know what makes a property desirable. When discussing ‘distressed’ properties people imagine a building in poor physical condition or with some sort of financial problem. Actually, there are other reasons a property could be considered distressed. Common problems include: failure to keep rents at a market level, poor selection of tenants, and weak tenant management. In such cases the renovation component of the operation may be relatively slight.
Our founder embodies multiple decades of serious analytical experience ranging from technology to business to real estate. This results in a rigorous analytical process using best in breed tools with full comprehension of financial and operational methods and goals, and an ability to document the analysis. Extensive experience provides significant protection against errors in logic or analytical process.
Our Strict Due Diligence Process
We employ a disciplined approach when purchasing properties, putting each potential investment through a strict due diligence process. This rigorous set of criteria includes the following:
- Comparable property analysis and examination by a certified, independent appraiser
- An economic study of the neighborhood, city planning and development
- Demographics of area, marketability, and growth potential
- Statistics on the crime rate
- Public transportation and schools
- Overall condition of the property, including heating and air, plumbing, electrical, roof and structural condition.